- 1-2 pounds ground bison
- 1 onion diced
- 1 cup bacon chopped or 1 tablespoon coconut or olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves chopped
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 8 ounces diced jarred tomatoes
- 8 ounce tomato sauce
- 1 cup dark beer, gluten free optional
- 2-3 cups beef broth
- Black pepper to taste
- Celtic Kosher Sea Salt® to taste
- 3-4 teaspoons Celtic Sea Salt® Mexican Seasoning
- 1 piece of dried Kombu
- 2 jars small red beans drained and rinsed
- 2 jars cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- Heat a large pot on medium to high heat.
- Once heated add the chopped bacon or oil.
- Sauté the bacon for several minutes until browned but not burned.
- Remove the bacon but leave the fat and add the chopped onion.
- Sauté with a sprinkle of Kosher Celtic Sea Salt®.
- After a minute add the ground bison and break up into pieces.
- Brown the meat and add half the Mexican seasoning.
- Once the meat is almost fully cooked, add the chopped bell pepper and sauté for another few minutes.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, tomato sauce, kombu (for iodine and enhancement of flavor) and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the beer, broth, all beans and rest of Mexican seasoning.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Enjoy hot with a dollop of sour cream and fresh cilantro.
Fresh cilantro and sour cream
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Makes 6 servings.