Ingredients for Cauliflower Cakes:
• 12 ounces cauliflower florets
• 1 peeled baking potato, cut into 4 wedges
• 2 large shallots, roughly chopped
• 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 2 ounces Daiya cheese, shredded (about 1/2 cup)
• 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
• 1/2 teaspoon Organic Smoked Applewood Seasoned Celtic Sea Salt® Blend
• 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 1 heaping tablespoon arrowroot powder mixed in a little cold water
• 1/2 cup toasted Japanese panko breadcrumbs, or coconut flour for a gluten-free option
• 2 tablespoons grated Daiya cheese
INGREDIENTS FOR SAUCE:
• 2 tablespoons cashew cream (recipe below)
• 2 tablespoons coconut mayonnaise or coconut butter
• 2 teaspoons fresh chives, minced
• 1/4 teaspoon Selina Naturally® Organic Black Peppercorns ground
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• 1 pinch of Bouquet™ Herbes De Provence Celtic Sea Salt®
INGREDIENTS FOR SALAD:
• 4 cups baby arugula
• 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, cut into halves
• 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
• 1 teaspoon fresh lemon, juiced
INGREDIENTS FOR CASHEW CREAM:
• 2 cups raw cashews
• 1 1/4 cups spring water
• 1-2 garlic cloves
• 1 teaspoon Fine Ground Celtic Sea Salt®
1.Preheat oven 400°F.
2.Place the cauliflower, potato, and shallots on a baking sheet. Place 1 tablespoon of the rub and mix well. Drizzle 1 1/2 tablespoons oil over the vegetables and toss lightly.
3.Bake at 400°F for 35 minutes or until tender, stirring once.
4.Place cooled cauliflower mixture in a food processor. Pulse until chopped.
5.Transfer into a large mixing bowl. Add Daiya cheese, thyme, salt blend, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and arrowroot paste, then stir well.
6.Combine the panko crumbs (or coconut flour) and Daiya Cheese in a shallow dish. Using wet hands, shape cauliflower mixture into 8 (1 inch thick) patties. Coat the patties with the panko mixture.
7.Place patties on a baking sheet and bake at 400°F for 25 minutes or until golden brown, turn once.
8.Next prepare the sauce by mixing together the cashew cream and sauce ingredients into a bowl.
9.Then prepare the salad by combining the arugula, tomatoes, oil and lemon juice until coated.
10.Plate the dish by placing a cup of the salad in the center of the plate and top with 2 cakes and drizzle a tablespoon of the sauce across the cakes.
Makes 2 servings.