• 1 lb Chinese cabbage [Napa], cut into 1 inch squares
• ½ lb daikon radish, cut into thin, half moon slices
• 2 tbsp fresh ginger, finely minced
• 1 ½ tbsp fresh garlic, minced
• 3 - 4 scallions, cut into thin, slanted slices
• 2 - 3 tbsp Korean chili flakes (gochugaru)* or ½ tsp cayenne (to taste)
• 1 tsp rapadura sugar (optional)
• Celtic Sea Salt® to taste
*Korean Chile Flakes (gochugaru) can be found in Asian markets. For medium hot, use 2 tbsp, for hot use 3 tbsp or more to taste. It is milder than cayenne.
**It is optional to add a tsp or more of fish sauce.
1.Prep the five vegetables and place in a large bowl; mix well.
2.Toss ingredients well with the chili flakes.
3.Pack a clean 2-quart jar with the mixture, tamping as you go.
4.Go to the instruction booklet for The Perfect Pickler and prepare the brine as seen on page 8. Add sugar and fish sauce if using.
5.Pour in the brine mixture and complete the recipe as described on page 8.
This is a wet version of kimchi. It is much faster and easy to prepare. After initial fermentation, you can adjust for more spiciness by adding extra chili flakes or even hot sauce.